Dear Geomorphologists, Quaternary Geologists, Stratigraphers, Paleoclimatologists and Paleogeographers
St. Petersburg State University invites you to participate in the forthcoming International Conference on “Geomorphology and Quaternary Palaeogeography of Polar regions” conducted jointly with the International Field Workshop of INQUA (the International Union for Quaternary Research) Peribaltic Working Group
The conference will be held in St. Petersburg, Russia,
September 9-17, 2012.
We look forward to your participation!
The aim of the conference is to consider progress in the themes of the conference and to present the results obtained by the new laboratory of Geomorphology and Palaeogeography of Polar regions and the World’s Oceans at Saint Petersburg State University. The laboratory has successfully won funding from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for the period of 2010-2012. The laboratory is to be engaged in interdisciplinary research and, among other things, is to conduct palaeogeographic, geological-geomorphic and stratygraphic/ geochronological analyses of the relief and continental and marine sediments in the Polar Regions and the oceans. The laboratory tasks include the compilation of “Geomorphological Atlas of the Polar Countries» in two volumes covering both the Arctic and Antarctic.
The ORGANISING COMMITTEE will consist of representatives of the following institutions:
- St. Petersburg State University;
- INQUA Peribaltic Working Group;
- Russian Geographical Society;
- A.I. Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia (St. Petersburg);
- Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (St. Petersburg);
- I.S. Gramberg All-Russian Scientific Research Institute “Okeangeologia” (St. Petersburg);
- State Enterprise «Polar Marine Geosurvey Expedition» (Lomonosov-St. Petersburg);
- Arctic Palaeoclimate and its Extremes (APEX).